Whats the difference between the Forte & Forte II?

Brian HCM#1

Just a few differences in specs and components:

Forte I

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 32Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY: 98dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING: 100 watts maximum continuous (500 watts peak)

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms

TWEETER: K-75-K 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

MIDRANGE: K-53-K 1.5" (3.81cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

WOOFER: K-23 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone active / KD-13 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone passive

Forte II

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 32Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY: 99dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING: 100 watts maximum continuous (500 watts peak)

MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 119dB SPL

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms

TWEETER: K-75-K 1" (2.54cm) Polymer diaphragm compression driver

MIDRANGE: K-61-K 1.5" (3.81cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

WOOFER: K-25-K 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone active / KD-15 15" (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone passive

------------------

SoundWise / <A HREF="maimailto:Promediatech@klispch.com">ProMedia Tech Support</A> / 1-888-554-5665s>

This message has been edited by trespasser_guy on 08-30-2002 at 04:21 PM

The frequency response is the same... but you will get one dB more at 1w/1m with the II's... not a REALLY significant change. The Forte I's should be extremely good- wait, they are extremely good. lol

I shall now cue up my good story...

For all those who know I have the KG's but no amp, I have just hooked all four up to my PM5.1 amp, though rated at 4-ohms, and these are 8-ohm, it seems to be running fine. Not much amp heating as of yet... and the bass is FANTASTIC! It is amazing. With proper amplification, these will be great. I am sooo happy... cwm4.gif

------------------

SoundWise / ProMedia Tech Support / 1-888-554-5665s>

Brian

You can't go wrong with either the 1 or the 2. They are both excelent speakers. Probably one of the most under rated Klipsch speaker. It basically is a Heresy with more defined and stronger bass. They sound great for any style of music.

The main differences is the 1 uses 2 12" woofers, one passive, and has an exponetial squawker, just the the Heresy 2.

The Forte 2 uses 15" woofer and a Tractrix Squaker.

The sound is a little diferent, but either will sound awesome compared to you current ADS speakers. You will hear a lot more defined sound in the midrange, you will probably hear detail you have never heard before in the midrange and high frequencies.

I prefer the 1 only because I am an old Heritage guy. The 1's sound more closely matches the rest of my Klipsch collection in my HT. Take a look in the odds and mods section. I have pictures showing my Forte 1's for my side speakers in my HT.

Unless you plan to do the same as me and match the Heritage line to a set of 1's, buy the first set of 1's or 2's that you can get your hands on. Both speakers are wonderfull.

Keep us informed of what you end up buying, and how you like them.

JM

Just got some Forte I's yesterday. The cabinets are in decent shape. Looks like the last owner had them off their stands and one appeared to have been dropped there was a chip about 1/2" in diamater. Other than that they look real good and sound awesome. I plan to refinish them, within the next few weeks I already filled the damaged area and they are looking better already. Its been so long since I heard the Forte's and forgot how great they are. actually glad I found the I's, The 15" woofer of the II's may give out a little too much base to match with my Sunfire subwoofer.