sub still hot when not playing music

Just picked up a 4.1 yesterday. Do I need to unplug the power chord when not in use? Before I went to bed I hit the preamp button on the satellite so the light turned red. But this morning the sub was still nice and warm like it had been playing music all night. Is this normal? I thought that preamp button turned off the whole unit. Doesnt seem like it. thanks.

when the sub gets wamr/hot after some serious music playing, it takes a while to cool down. when you push it so far that it goes into the auto shutdown mode, it takes 45 minutes before it will let you play at the volume again because it is trying to fully cool down and rest a bit.

is it hot like after hours of no use?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

quote:

Originally posted by trespasser_guy:

The amp shouldn't remain warm... where did you buy them? You said you just got them yesterday, maybe they will exchange them.

got them at Bestbuy but I think I am gonna return them anyways cause I found them cheaper somewhere else.

Might even step up to the 5.1. Smile.gif

found them cheaper somewhere else? where? they are probably not a klipsch dealer, an authorized one, and yo uget no warranty. trespasserguy, take over for today, i am out!

GO Texas A&M! (though I will probably go to the University of Texas... haha, gotta support my brotherSmile.gif)

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

found them cheaper somewhere else? where? they are probably not a klipsch dealer, an authorized one, and yo uget no warranty.

I'm pretty sure they are a dealer cause I found them straight from Klipsch's dealer page. I was surprised myself but the price was $80 cheaper Canadian. $450 at best buy and $370 at this place. I also just found out that Best Buy will beat any authorized price by 10%. sweeet, I'm on my way to Best Buy. Check them out here:

http://www.yesplay.com/prices/scSP.htm

Well I got them to price guarantee my set. Got about $100 back. not too bad. I haven't exhanged it yet. They had a few 4.1's on display and none of them were playing music. All of them were warm as well. One guy there said that this particular set had not even been turned on today (just the preamp was powered up in the morning) and it was warm also so he said mine should be fine. I guess I'll hang on to it for now, still got the warranty if anything happens...

My unit behaved the same last year and it got so warm, I could not hold the subs backplate for more than 10 seconds.

Eventually, the sub distorted and have to be replaced. Since then, I have a portable fan behind the sub cooling it when I'm using it.

I have no problem of it being even just warm since then, even after 4 hours of use. I also keep the volume at 10 o'clock as a max as I find this volume level already loud enough for my neighbour to hear the music I'm playing.

Guest Sally_CSR

Dear Global_groove6,

When you press the button to change the green light to red, you are basically enabling the headphone mode or muting the speakers. To turn the speakers off, you would actually need to unplug them. The speakers are made to be left on all the time. I've had my speakers (4.1 refurbs) at my desk since Feb 02 and I haven't turned them off yet. The sub is warm to touch, but not hot. If your sub it too hot to touch for more than 5 seconds, then there is a problem with the sub.

------------------

Sally Keck

Promedia Customer Service Representative

1-800-554-7724 (option 4)

sally.keck@klipsch.com

yeah, I'm pretty sure that it's normal to have the amp run warm. At least thats the way it is with every pm I've used, I own 2.1's, and they're always warm no matter what, short of flipping of the main power or unplugging it, but at my friends house(5.1's), his always run warm, and so do all of the ones at stores, and they're never blasting them.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.