Distortion question

Coytee

14 hours ago, pauln said:

I'm still curious to know if the selections on the K2 and/or Peach for input sensitivity and/or target input impedance got changed during the move

Generally difficult to switch them via accident as they are a recessed switch as I recall.

None the less, I think the Crown is set on the 1.4V input value.  The Peach has been swapped back/forth as I do that every now & then.  It has never yielded a "big" difference.  I would admit that it yields "a" difference, it's just not large. 

I forget which setting I use (this high / low Z stuff always confuses me) but, I think the Peach is on the Low Z setting most of the time.  Irrespective of high/low, it's usually on the setting that has the slightly higher output. 

To clarify something, these were setup around three years ago when I came back from Florida.  The system hasn't changed since then (absent a munchkin sneaking around in the middle of the night clicking on things to confuse me!)

So they should be as originally set and this distortion has crept in.

I'm getting some movement back in my arm but no real strength yet.  I'm still in the immobilization sling, going back to Doc on Monday for review and I presume removal of sutures.

I'm planning to see if I can wrestle the cover off the Peach while leaving it in place (which will require me to be on a stool).  Then, I can at least, wiggle the tubes a bit to make sure they're getting good contacts in the event that could be an issue.  It would also allow me to swap one/two out if I already have a replacement.  I have no recall if the tubes I have are replacements for the Peach or just extra tubes from other things that are now long gone.

I don't feel good yet about swapping the peach out totally.  I need to get some better movement in my arm first.