Let's talk about bass.

Rxonmymind

Bass.   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Bass.

• I've added bass to compliment my Klipsch
    • I've left mine stock. Bass is good enough.

I have a pair of Belle's. Beautiful, sounds great etc. On many many post I hear how this Klipsch or that Klipsch model lacks bass which has me scratching my head. I recently hooked up my newly recapped & fully restored Sony STR 7055 to them and decided to play U2 Joshua tree CD. The CD player is appropriately a Sony dvp-s 770 0 model. The CD first pressings by Island "records". 

Third track "with or without you" the in opening riff I was floored. The rumble the bass took on was much like a home theater sub type dimension. This song doesn't have the boom, boom opening but one continuous type. I could easily feel the lower octaves vibrate through the sofa I was on. 

What I'm getting at I think bass is very music dependent and not every song will have it. Thank the music gods. That would be annoying. 

Now switching over to my stock Realistic 2100D that had not been recapped the bass was not as authoritative and didn't have a lot of rumble. Kinda mellow. This from a receiver putting out 125 watts per channel vs the Sony 35 watts. The Sony EASILY beat the Realistic in every category. I wonder if adding new crossovers will enhance the bass it even further? The change from stock Sony to a fully recapped one was pretty drastic and noticeable.

I'd like to read what speaker you have added a subwoofer too.