Balanced outputs CD player

marioramos

hello people I am the one that posted about upgrade bug from my rf7. After reading responses I think the 7s are staying. They do sound great. I would have to spend lots more money to get that level of  performance or even close to it. But my next ? Is my pre amp and power amp have balanced outs and in. I have never used. Only unbalanced because don't have the cables and my CD player only uses unbalanced. Marantz cd5004 newer model. Would getting a balanced CD player help performance? 

• Like 1

Balanced interconnects are good to reduce noise for pro audio when you have very long cable runs.  Not much advantage for a 3 foot run between components in your setup.  The reason is that with balanced 2 conductor plus ground cables, any noise from external sources that the cables lie near will be induced equally (or nearly) on both conductors. When this noise gets to the input, it gets cancelled because the inputs are + and - .  Technically this is called common mode noise  and common mode signal rejection. 

• Like 1

I went balanced because I wanted to see what my Wyred 4 Sound DAC could do on it's own to the Crown XLS 1500. I took My Transcendent Grounded Grid Pre-amp out of the equation.

I gained a Remote Volume Control and this....

Balanced Output Level: 5.2V (14.2db gain)

Unbalanced Output Level: 2.6V (8.2db gain)

I've gotta say The DAC output stands on it's own...It is driving my RF-7's just fine.

I can say the Crown really sucks compared to My Transcendent Son-Of-Beast PP OTL