Got a new screen

holtrp

We were seriously considering doing a full remodel in the basement for a dedicated theater room, but decided it would be better to just not bother with it. I was told "You'll never be done upgrading and moving stuff around... why would you want to do something as permenent as a full remodel?". Wife FTW...

So I got a 135" Silver Ticket Audio Transparent fixed screen for my birthday. With it, I completely rearranged my room. First off, this screen is awesome. Going from 106" to 135" is massive. I was worried it might be too much in my room but so far it has been great. Much more immersive than it was before. The only thing I notice is the picture is not quite a sharp. Surely I have given up a tad in PQ with my little Espon projector and I am sure I have lost a little screen gain too, but it is certainly still worth it. Another huge win has been moving the subs to 1/3 mid front and rear wall. This has really evened out the room even though I haven't been able to EQ everything yet, it is a very obvious difference. 

I will try to throw up some pictures later today. 

• Like 1

Hey Derrick. 

Blacking out all the windows down there has been a chore. Eventually I think I need some velvet or other flat black for the ceiling / walls / floor. Getting that absolute black I think would really top it off. 

Thinking about upgrading to 4 Ultimax Full Marty subs next though. :)

IMG_3539.JPG

• Like 1

Rather than mount it to the wall, I hung it from the ceiling using simple hooks and garden chain. I was a little concerned it might lean forward too much like this but honestly, it is probably less than 3 degrees off vertical and isn't an issue. 

The tension system on this screen works great. There were a few wrinkles right after I put it together but they were gone the next day. The whole thing took maybe 3 hours total to put together. 

IMG_3545.JPG