R-28F help

Thewizz

I have 2 Klipsch R-28F's hooked up to an Onkyo TX-NR838 receiver. The other day I turned the volume up to 92 for the first time and when I did both of the tweeters on the towers cut out. I turned the volume down and the one came back on, but the other did not. I tried switching the speakers to see if it was my receiver, but that wasn't the case. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what it could be? Thanks, Matt

An easy way to check if it's the tweeter is to swap the tweeter. You can pry off the plastic around the drivers fairly easily (though it may not seem easy at first), then unscrew the horn. You'll have to disconnect the tweeter (tape the wires up so you don't lose them in the box), and then do the same on the other speaker. Plug the non working tweeter into the working speaker and see if it produces sound. If so, it is likely a crossover issue. 

1 hour ago, Dkfan9 said:

An easy way to check if it's the tweeter is to swap the tweeter. You can pry off the plastic around the drivers fairly easily (though it may not seem easy at first), then unscrew the horn. You'll have to disconnect the tweeter (tape the wires up so you don't lose them in the box), and then do the same on the other speaker. Plug the non working tweeter into the working speaker and see if it produces sound. If so, it is likely a crossover issue. 

Ok so I switched out the tweeters and the one tweeter is toast. Do you know any good places to order a replacement?  Thank you for the help.

18 minutes ago, Thewizz said:

Ok so I switched out the tweeters and the one tweeter is toast. Do you know any good places to order a replacement?  Thank you for the help.

If the speaker is still under warranty Klipsch may replace it free of cost. Otherwise, Klipsch would be one source. Another is http://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-r-28f-tweeter-1061375/

That is the whole assembly, with horn