Stop Stop Stop redirecting me away from Klipsch.com!!

efzauner

I am not an idiot. Let me see Klipsch.com even if I am not in the USA!  Give me a location choice!   Stop assuming you are smarter than I am. Stop controlling what I see!

There may be a reason beyond your comprehension why I don't just want to see Klipsch.ca!  Yes I am a big Klipsch fan.  Well, just a bit less of a fan now!  Get it? 

Do what customers want, not what marketing wannabees want! 

• Administrators

99% of the content is the same on Klipsch.com and Klipsch.ca. The reason we have it auto-redirect to the klipsch.ca domain is because our Canadian distributor (Gentec) sells our product online through our website in Canada, so they wanted to ensure greater chance of ecommerce conversion.

I'm sorry this causes you to be upset. I'll certainly make a note of this concern in case others have the same feeling and let us know. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2016 at 2:58 PM, efzauner said:

I am not an idiot. Let me see Klipsch.com even if I am not in the USA!  Give me a location choice!   Stop assuming you are smarter than I am. Stop controlling what I see!

There may be a reason beyond your comprehension why I don't just want to see Klipsch.ca!  Yes I am a big Klipsch fan.  Well, just a bit less of a fan now!  Get it? 

Do what customers want, not what marketing wannabees want! 

You should try one of the free (or paid) VPN services that are available. You can set your location and have your public IP address show up as being in the U.S. This should get around Klipsch redirecting you to the Canadian version of the website.

I use the free version of SurfEasy on my mobile phone, (https://www.surfeasy.com/en/) and along with their iOS/Android apps they also have a desktop version. 

As an example... I live in Texas, but if I set my location to Canada in SurfEasy, then I get the Canadian Klipsch website (see screenshots). But as soon as I set it back to the U.S. I'm back on the regular website.

If you want to get around other IP address restrictions and hide your IP address you can also get the Tor browser (Firefox based - https://www.torproject.org/)

for the desktop or use their mobile app called Orbot.

Either will allow you to set (or hide, depending on your point of view) your "public IP address" (location/country) to get around IP filtering... or websites that track/limit the number of "free" times you visit, before blocking you or routing you to a pay wall.

Hope that helps...

Screenshot_20161114-174516.jpg

Screenshot_20161114-175641.jpg

Screenshot_20161114-175717.jpg