Subwoofer setup

Loanmeabuck

I am clearly a novice at this but having a hard time setting up my K-100SW sub to my ONKYO TX-SR353.  The receiver has 1 "subwoofer" outlet and the sub has 2 input ports (LFE-L and R).  I have tried connecting to both with a subwoofer cord but I get no bass response from either.  What is the solution here or do I need to adjust some settings?

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Have you tried a different cable?  Does the power indicator light up on the plate amp?  Have you turned the gain up in the receivers subwoofer output and plate amp?

I have not tried a different cable as this one was just purchased new(I'm guessing a new cable is my next step).  Power indicator lights up.  I have adjusted the gain dial on the sub.

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Do you have a portable source of music?  If so, take RCA out of the alternate source and plug it into the L and R inputs of the subs plate amp.  Play some music and see if anything comes out of the sub.

Unfortunately no.  I will need to purchase another.  Any standard RCA will work?  I am not finding a "bass management" menu on receiver.  Only bass option I see is on remote for +/- bass.

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Page 12 shows manual speaker set up but doesn't show further screens.  Can you adjust subwoofer output there?

I am able to adjust sub output and put it to max output(on receiver).  I also got a new RCA cable(no change).  Decided to do a factory reset too on receiver and that did not change anything.  Guess I need to find alternate audio source to hook directly to Sub then to see if it's Sub or receiver.  Also followed troubleshooting suggestions which were basically making sure speakers set to small and Sub was listed.

Edited by Loanmeabuck

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My money is on the sub amp but the only way to isolate the amp as the issue is to give it an alternate signal from another source.  I'm assuming that you don't have a spare sub laying around.  That would really make things easy to diagnose.

Nope I sure don't.  So just any standard stereo with RCA ports should do for the alternate source?

9 hours ago, pat_in_dfw said:

Use just ONE of the RCA inputs.  I've seen this happen with identical signals that are out of phase because they cancel each other out.

?

If a left and right signal are out of phase with each other something is seriously wrong.