rf-25 VS r-26f

BUILDING1Slowly

I am slowly building a surround system. I dont have all the specifics on what i currently have set up. I am in the market for a pair of tower speakers. I found a pair of rf-25 for $350 for the pair (i offered $250. waiting for a response.) They are about to have the r-24f on sale at $179.99 each. Which do you think would be best? im not a professional. I like my music loud and clear and i like the same for my movies. please help. i will update this post when i get home and get the specifics of what i already have.

***update***

Receiver is a Yamaha RX-V671

center is the RC-25

subwoofer is klipsch sub-12hg synergy

rear surround r-14s

Edited by BUILDING1Slowly

Welcome.

The RF line is the superior line.  The Reference line at Best Buy is actually just the Icon/Synergy line with new branding.

That being said, that's a bit high for RF-25's.  I usually see them between $200 and $250.  Hopefully he takes your offer, as that'd at least be a good deal.

You can always use the argument that they're not. ;)

Only the Heritage, Palladium, THX, and RF-7's are made in the USA.

On the whole, that's high for RF-25's regardless of location.  Unless they're minty mint and/or NIB.  You're getting into RF-35 territory at that cost.

Two totally different applications, but in your configuration - you would benefit more from the RF-52 II.  The 52's use the same material as the RC-25 you have for woofers (cerametallic).  The tweeters will also both be titanium instead of aluminum (as found in the R series).

The R-15PM being a powered monitor wouldn't really be logical in that application unless you want to get rid of your receiver, in which case you'd opt to go 2 channel.  

Thanks for the info! As you can tell I'm not so knowledgeable. I do know that the klipsch speakers I have and the ines I have heard, I'm very pleased with and enjoy. For what I'm looking for (loud, clear music and great sound with movies and blurry concerts) what do you think would be best for me considering what I currently have? I really do appreciate the info!!

I think following up on the RF-25's would be best first.  If they fall through, go after a pair of 52's used if you can.  The next thing you may want to keep your eyes and ears open for is a good deal on a proper Reference Sub.  I know the 112's are on sale right now, but I don't know if they're a good value or not - as I've heard none of the new offerings.  I'm stubborn in my bias favoring earlier generation Reference gear.

RF-25 all day. Even if he won't take less than $300 for them, still a better purchase than $360 for a pair of R24f.

If you have the money to spend and there are no better options available, then just buy them, regardless of typical market price. 

I paid $1200 for KLF-30s that usually sell for $700-1000. But they're in mint condition, absolutely no better options available, and they're worth the money to my ears.

Also, the RF-25 is a spectacular model and an absolute steal at the "normal" price range. If you plan on keeping them for a long time, I see no problem in paying $300 for a minty pair.