Inconsistent Speaker Volume

mform7

Hi, got the speakers yesterday open box and tested them out today. There are two spots on the potentiometer where sound on one speaker is only about 50% of the other speaker when used in two separate spots, If I crank the volume a little more then both speakers are at 100%. I thought one speaker was defective, but if I swap the speaker from L to R then the other speaker has the issue and not the original one so its not the satellites.

Tried unplugging everything and plugging them back in but issue still persists, Tried multiple sound cards and still the same issue when the volume is in a certain spot, one speaker has lower volume than the other, when volume is raised both speakers come back to 100%.

Please advise, Thank you.

Edited by mform7

12 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

So the issue doesn't follow the speaker, when you switch wires, it does same thing on other speaker.

It is most certainly a hardware/audio card issue.

I have never had that happen.

I actually tried with my onboard sound and my fiio e10k, same issue unfortunately.

What exactly is the amplification source? even using a PC/HTPC there is usually and avr or power amp.  This could be a problem with that channel.  Welcome to the forum.  Others should chime in but, list all your gear like in my signature.  It will make it easier to find your problem.