RCW-5's as surrounds in 5.1 setup?

jorjen

I have SS-1's which I would like to replace. I have RF-5's up front and an RC-7 center. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on a pair of RS-7's, but? The RS-7's would have to be mounted about 7 ft. off the floor on the rear wall(where the SS-1's now reside). My wife sits directly below the right one and myself, the left. Not good anyway, but it is what it is. I was tossing around a couple of options and could use some input. If I were to use thw RCW-5's, I could mount them in the wall at the perfect hgt. behind each listening position instead of well above. Or, I was even considering doing a through-the-wall install with a pair of RB-5's. Again, mounting hgt. could be wherever. Now, if the RB-5 was a sealed enclosure, I would do this option in a heartbeat. But, considering that they are rear firing ported enclosures, the ports would be firing into the garage. Probably still better than the RS-7's or RCW-5's, but what do you think? Oh, and the power handling of the in-walls is a concern for me even though 50 watts cont. for a surround is plenty. I am using an Anthem MCA50, which is about 185x5 into 8 ohms. All input will be greatly appreciated.

------------------

Stubby

seems like if they were that close to your ears that you could get some serious blasts, more than maybe you wanted.

wonder if you can't tilt them down a little, like get teh RB-5's and have them tilt down from the wall? that may work better.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me