Everyone knows the RF3's are black

matthew2

As far as I know, you can't paint the Black RF3's. But what about the parts express VINYL LAMINATE??

This might work? http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=8239302&St=6763&St2=63668540&St3=36762886&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=118202&DID=7

Anybody try using this stuff??? Mabey it's crap, I dunno! Mabey it's great. Mabey I'll try it.

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks

I'm not quite sure of the question.

Is it that you think the finish on the speaker will not take paint? I dunno. I'd think a spray on lacquer might work with sanding. On the other hand, I'd think the stick on laminate wouldn't be much better or worse on that issue.

If you're thinking about using the stick on to create a wood finish, I'd think that is not too bad.

Long ago I used some wood grain contact paper on a desk top. The top was some sort of vinyl on a government type metal desk and pretty beat up. The result didn't look half bad. Speakers don't get much wear and tear, and they don't get that much critical viewing.

Gil

The taggers down in west L.A. can paint anything. In fact, they do paint anything that stands still for more than 24 hours. You ought to be able to paint your RF3s any color you want if that is what you want. You just have to use a paint that will adhere to vinyl. Big issue is going to be the compatibility of the solvent with the vinyl. How about using spray paint for vinyl upholstry? You ought to be able to find it at a local auto parts store, or at least at an automotive paint store.

FWIW I have never seen vinyl laminate I would have in my house. OTOH there is paper backed real wood veneer that might make your speakers look real nice if properly applied and finished. Some of it is so thin you can wrap it around curves.