DD 5.1 in main system?

Martice

Has anyone heard the Klipsch DD 5.1 unit yet? It seems to be the only one that has RCA outputs on the back which makes it attractive for my(non computer)HT system. Also, I could use extra rack space by going smaller. I have a full rack space processor I use now although I don't use it as part of my stereo listening. I have my processor hooked up to my T-AP9000es switcher which allows me to separate my 2-channel system from my HT system completely. Straight 5.1 is good enough for me and running my speakers large from the processor is fine because I use an ICBM for bass management.

So has anyone heard the Klipsch unit?

------------------

What if it get's no better than this

the manual shows you how to use the DD-51 as a digital decoder for full systems. it has a similar chip as what klipsch uses in the modial systems. click here for the manual.

http://www.klipsch.com/assets/dd51.pdf

got to like page 10.

does that help you?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

quote:

Originally posted by Martice:

Thanks Justin. Have you heard of anyone using the DD 5.1 in their Home audio system? If so, any leads to where I could read their thoughts?

Thanks

when it FIRST came out there was a thread about it in the home audio section. i don't have a clue of the link but i will see if i can find it.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

• 4 weeks later...

I'll lay out my current system for you.

'98 Panasonic 310 DVD player - COAX

'98 Panasonic VCR - ANALOG

Playstation 2 - ANALOG

XBOX - OPTICAL

'00 Onkyo 498 receiver - 5.1 input amplification

'02 Klipsch RF-3 up front

'00 Infinity Ref 4 in rear.

My whole system is Monster cabled. I mentioned the years because microchip processing may have changed.

I put the DD 5.1 into my system Friday. All inputs go into it. I'm using front and rear channels out to Onkyo 5.1 input. Video is switched seperately. I will say that relatively the sound is superior to the digital processing in the Onkyo model I have. The audio sounds different. Because originally the COAX went right into the Onkyo for processing. Now it goes into the DD 5.1 through COAX dig interconnect then to the Onkyo through analog interconnects.

The digital audio from the DVD is different. I have watched Monsters Inc, Mary Poppins, and ******. I have listened to DJ Encore, Trace Adkins, and Martina McBride. The sound is very good. Again I have the 2 step process so it is different.

The analog audio from the PS2 is far superior. Even though the audio is passed from the DD 5.1 into the Onkyo's 5.1 input, the Pro Logic decoding is great. I played GTA3 for about 8 hours since I hooked it up. The ambience of the game is great. I played Tony Hawk 3 on XBOX for 30 minutes. I didn't really listen for differences. It's still good.