Fasting and autophagy and the 2016 nobel prize in medicine

Srinath

A friend of mine - whose wife is on the same fasting routine that I am on just pointed this out to me.

https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2016/press.html

Effectively, its a gene that is switched back on via fasting that kills off the old and the dying cells.

Basically fasting is not only the least disruptive way to really achieve weight loss, its also the right way, the overall healthier way and completely natural way.

Come for the weight loss, stay for the prevention of cancer, alzheimers and parkinsons.

I started fasting and seriously in 2 days my body adjusted so correctly to it - its like dropping into your favorite chair and turning on your favorite song played through your favorite equipment.

100 lb weight loss not withstanding, I started pumping iron ~a week ago, worked out in fasted state through the day and gained 20 lb all the while dropping from ~7% BF to under 5%. I rapidly gained strength as well. But of course, I got to my new house this weekend where I don't have the equipment to do, and too busy moving now. So back to fasting till I get the last handfuls of grabbable fat out. Then hopefully I'll get the equipment ready in this house and get back to pumping iron. Fasted state of course, that means 1 meal a day. AKA fasting forever baby.

Cool.

Srinath.

• Like 1