RF3 and brigthness

PichonOlivier

Two years ago, I bought RF3 speakers, a planet 2000 Rega CD player and an Audiomat Arpege tube amplifier.

The sound was O.K . I wanted to improve it and I bought an Audiomat Tango 2.5 converter. The soundstage was great and full of the detail. The main reproach was a sound a little bit too brighten.I have tried different cables and I have improved the situation but it is still too bright.

What do you advice me? Is there something to do on the speaker?

------------------

op

horn dampening seems to help. someone had a thread about doing that to the RF-3's a while ago, though I am not sure which forum that was in. or if it was horn damping, not real sure on the spelling of it. Just check around all the Home Audio forums, probably the Home Theater one, and you should find it.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

I also have a Rega and bright is not a word Id use to describe the sound.

You are right about ICs making a big difference with this CD player.

I am only guessing but here goes. Your system is in the den. You can go into any other room and your system sounds smooth. You go back into the den and sit in the sweet spot and the sound is bright. This is what my system was doing.

Try taking blankets and hanging them on the wall. I used 2. One of my speakers is in a corner. I hung a blanket in the corner. I got tighter bass and the highs smoothed out. I then hung the second blanket on the wall between the two speakers. The sound now is liquid. It is like my system was out of focus before and I focused it. I listen for hours and this is the first time in three years that I am finally listening to music and not my system.

I hope this helps and welcome to the BB.

Danny

here is the thread i was talking about.

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004290.html

well not EXACTLY the right thread it appears... oh well. i will keep looking.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

<A HREF="mailto:justin@soundwise.org">Email Me</A>

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 09-18-2002 at 04:32 PM

I reviewed the Arpege for SoundStage! back in 11/99 and bought one. Fantastic amp!! I later sold them in my part-time shop. I also have used and sold the Tempo 2.5. I can say the problem is not with those components. With the amount of brightness you are experiencing,I believe it's probably room acoustics, primarily and cabling, secondarily.

Please describe your room. Dimensions, carpeting, walls, windows, etc., and what types of cabling you've used. We will better be able to help you.

------------------

2 Channel

Transport: CEC TL-2X

DAC: Audiomat Maestro

Pre-amp: Wyetech Jade

Amps: Jeff Korneff 45

Interconnects/Speaker cable: Analysis Plus Solo Monocrystal

Power cords/line conditioner: CPCC Top Gun, Model 11, Super Power Block

Equip Stand: Grand Prix Audio Monaco

K-horns w/ALK

Second system- My dad's old Fisher 400-refurbished, Heresy II, Vecteur Variation CD player