New Klipsch Subs

LuvnKlipsch

I know I am stepping into some very deep water here, but has anyone heard about the new subs?? 99% of my stereo is for HT, and I live for the bass. I have the klf20, c7, rs3 with a Denon 3801. Will the new Klipsch sub be any comparison to Velodyne HGS, or the SVS that everyone talks about. For whatever reason it sounds like everyone that wants a serious boom stays away from Klipsch.

everyone and their brother is copying the servo type subwoofer amps these days..digital amps are in these days because it gives the manufacturers a way to put out huge amounts of power and of course bass without having to use a mammoth power supply inside the sub...velodyne has some stiff competition now from a number of companies and klipsch is just another one of them doing a similar sort of design like velodyne...small subs are in a 1000 watt amps or more are the norm now!!!

------------------

my equipment:

klipsch rf-3 (main)

klipsch center ch speaker

boston acoustics (rear)

mirage ss-1500 subwoofer

yamaha 795 receiver driving center and rears

adcom 545 amp driving rf-3s

mirage subwoofer 1500 watts!

sony 650 dvd/cd player

sony minidisc/cd player combo

panasonic hifi vcr

waiting to see what new reference line will sound like in 2001!!

don't let the 3000 watt peak class D amps on the vel hgs series fool you. without a high gain servo/limiter/accelerometer the sv & new rsw subs should give you a lot more

HT slam if that's what you want.

i love my vel hgs-18 for it's pitch definition & bass quality for music, but that

accelerometer does really clamp-down on the explosions & such.

the pr director/tech at vel told me the only hgs sub that really works well for HT with those loud/efficient klipsch is the 18. i mean the hgs series are great subs (& pretty expensive too), but imo, w/ these, vel has gone more for bass quality than quantity.

if you're looking at vel hgs, but looking for a lot of bass/slam, you could instead consider getting 2 lower price subs like their CT-150 or the sv, or the new klipsch rsw (which sound like a real killer higher end sub to be differentiated from their ksw line of which probably u read the mixed review).

many subs & set-ups to consider...depends a lot on your wants & circumstances.

------------------

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 subwoofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster Z-12 cable

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

LuvnKlipsch,don't have a sub recommendation but wondering what you think of the 3801.Does

it provide plenty of bass with the 20's? And have you had another brand reciever to offer a comparision?

Keith