Two Unrelated Music Videos...

Mallette

Haven't had luck with "embed" before.  We'll see this time.  Anyway, I posted the audio only in Lounge but thought this worthy of Two Channel given it is 1954 vintage PWK engineering with John Eargle performing.  John was a genius like PWK...no wonder they got along so well and John soaked up PWK's theories and made such a huge impact with them culminating in Dolby Pro Logic and THX.  He was a master of the pipe organ...anything from Bach to theater organ, one of the few in the tradition of Virgil Fox and now Cameron Carpenter.  Mic'ing here is distant, as you can see how far the mics had to be from the chamber which is behind the screens above the boxes on the right.  As you can see from the pictures, the instrument is largely intact and rests in the catacombs under the theater. Image quality isn't so hot as I had nothing but low res stuff to work with.  This instrument will sound again in that building for the first time in over 60 years 1 April at our Scott Joplin International Centennial Celebration during the intermission.  Playback will be via KI396 loudspeakers and an 1802 subwoofer courtest of Klipsch Group, Inc.  Details at http://www.texarkanarmhc.org/index.html or FB page at https://www.facebook.com/txkrhmc/. 

The second one is one I re-edited from an original music video posted locally by the "Mood Kings" from Charlotte, NC with their permission.  It's had over 2k views since being posted in Texarkana yesterday.