Will "unmatched" Klipsch speakers work

dmc

I am a HT neophyte so forgive the rudimanetary question, but due to speakers that I already own as well as budgetary contraints, I will end up with a HT set of Klipsch speakers that don't match according to the "Klipsch Speaker Matching Chart". My question is will the HT system sound be degraged signicantly because of the mismatched pieces? I would appreciate any thoughts anyone might have.

The pieces I will have are as follows:

1) RB-5 (for fronts);

2) KSW-12 subwoofer;

3) SC-1 Center Channel; and

4) SS-1 for rears (these are the only speakers I will have to purchase so I was trying to save some money by buying these instead of the RS-3).

Thank you.

The front 3 speakers are always the most important. You will have a missmatch mixing the synergy & reference models. Would recommend either synergy mains (like the SB-1) or a reference center (like the RC-3). You'll notice it as sound is tracked across the front channels (like left to right movement or visa versa). Since you are going to have synergy surrounds it will probably be best to get the SB-1's and have a complete match.

dmc:

The most important part to match in a 5 speaker system is the 3 front channels. When you have a matching center channel, as a sound, for example a car, goes from left to right, you want it to sound exactly the same across the front. Anything less will draw your attention to the speakers and away from the sound. The RC-3 therefore, in your system, would be the way to go. As far as the rears, it is good (but not as critical) to have timbre-matched speakers to the fronts. If you can hold off, save a little more money and get the RS-3's.

ack.. i hope nobody saw my previous post, as it could have been interpreted as a matched system bashing session. i just realized/was informed that my front three do match. so my opinion no longer matters.

although, i can't help but imagine its not that critical. with most receivers there are individual speaker level controls you can, and probably will, use. i suppose.. although i myself am not experienced enough, there could be tonal irregularities with a mismatched system.. but, i dunno. as soon as i save some money... i think i'll go the mismatched route with some rf-3s up front, and then put the ksb3.1s in back. hopefully it won't be too bad. anyway, good luck with your HT

------------------

Technics SA-DX940

Klipsch KSB 3.1

Klipsch KSC-C1

DIY 12" ported sub

crappy surrounds

Sony DVP-S360 dvd