UBID, buyer beware!

Patrick TX

Hi Guys & Gals. First post. I am really glad I found this place. Now to business! I ordered a pair of Klipsch RP5's from ubid last week for an unreal price of $850 shipped. I heard these at Bjorns in San Antonio last year, but couldn't/wouldn't swing $2000 + tax for them. Needless to say, ubid drew me like a moth to a flame. They are "authorized", according to Klipschs' forum (excellent place). The speakers were NEW, not refurbs or B-stock. LUCKILY I was here when fedex showed up! We opened the boxes (good shape) together. DAMN! The mids were crushed, and the were 3 seperate CHUNKS out of the corners. One chunk was 4X2"! Here's the crappy part. The speakers were NOT damaged in transit, they were obviously shipped that way, as the missing chunks were not in the boxes. BUYER BEWARE! I amazingly got a Human at ubid customer service on the phone & told him I refused the speakers. He said that we will inspect them when they get here & issue a credit to my Amex within 2 weeks! I told him to send me another pair when they recieved mine. He says, "sorry, you need to win another pair." Well, they JACKED the shipping from 1 cent to $367!! Meanwhile, I had listed my Definitive front stage on ebay already, as well as bought the Klipsch RC3II center to match the DISCONTINUED RP5's! Talk about PISSED! Ubid can kiss my @$$! Happily, there is a happy ending to the saga. My wonderful friends at onecall.com had several pairs in stock & were able to get me a pair out for a SMALL increa$e delivered. Factory sealed & authorized, first class place all the way. Thanks for the rant! Maybe someone can read this before they make the same mistake as I made.

------------------

Retail Allergy

if you even need speakers again, try out Tweeter Home Entertainment. Even though they sell mostly unused at MSRP, often people will order speakers, bring them home and the wife/girlfriend says too big or something and they return them, tweeter sells them for like 40% off. it is a great deal. i got my first real receiver that way, $200 off, and a dvd player for my room for $139 with progressive scan, sony, msrp was like $200 Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

I hear ya! I bought my DA777ES @ Tweeter Houston for $450. It was sans remote & manual, store return. I downloaded the manual, & picked up a mint RMTP503 from the 777 forum for $75. I also bought my Sony 61"V from Tweeter as well. I have a relative there at Tweeter in H-Town. The RP5's from onecall.com came yesterday (perfect), and all I can say is WOW. Need to dial them in though. Thanks.

------------------

Retail Allergy