HELP! Denon DVD 2800!!!!

Orange Peel

Well I went out and bought a Denon DVD 2800, and thought it looked like a great DVD player. Anyways I get home tonight and hook it up to my TV, plug the component video cables in just like I did with my old Sony DVD player, and when I turn it on, my screen just shows wiggly lines all over the place. So I get out a set of crappy yellow, red and white video/audio cable that most things come with, and plug those in, and plug them into the tv, switch to that input, and holy crap it works like that. So I look in the setup menu of the Denon, and check the video settings. It has a option for Multi, NTSC, or PAL. So I'm retarded and don't know what the hell that means? So I check my Mitsubishi manual, and look at the component video section, and it says that the component video will work with DVD player or other equipment sending a standard NTSC signal (480i). So I go back to the video options of the Denon, and it has a video output option, "Progressive" or "Interlaced" if I choose interlaced, I can use the component video cables and the component video input on the TV, but change it to Progressive, and I get the wiggly lines!

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF???????????????????

Does this mean my POS TV can't accept PROGRESSIVE SCAN DVD PLAYERS!?!?!?!?!?! It's a BRAND NEW 60" Mitsubishi Big Screen, bought it on Fathers day! You would think it would be able to work with these things.

If so, I'm F-ing up a creek without a paddle! I don't want to use interlaced if it sucks, and the whole point of getting a progressive scan DVD is to use PROGRESSIVE SCAN!

ANY HELP PLEASE! What can I do????? Should I run it through my HK AVR 520?

Damn I'm SO pissed right now you don't understand.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)c>

SVS 20-39 PC Plus Subwooferc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>