RC-3 II shutting off stereo receiver

A couple of year ago I replaced the drivers in a RC 3 and installed a Crites Titanium diaphragm.   Result is a really good, CHEAP center speaker.   I have matched it to my RF 82ii and now to a  new set of Klipsch Energy speakers.     I think your efforts to keep this speaker are well directed.

35 minutes ago, 1HOHDude said:

A couple of year ago I replaced the drivers in a RC 3 and installed a Crites Titanium diaphragm.   Result is a really good, CHEAP center speaker.   I have matched it to my RF 82ii and now to a  new set of Klipsch Energy speakers.     I think your efforts to keep this speaker are well directed.

Did this improve voices? It seemed like when I had my RC-3 with my RF-3s the C would get walked on unless I maxed the gain on the amp for it.

Not sure,,,,   I have a multi channel amp with each amp tuned separately.      Looking at my amp settings it does look like I have about +3 db extra gain on the center.    But...   the RC-52 also needed extra db.     Seems like I had it at +5 but have lost the settings.    I also thought the Crites diaphragms helped the timbre match up with the 82s. 

I was curious since that was one of the reasons I upgraded to the RC-7.    The 3 would just get overrun by the towers, and the same was true with the 52.  I wonder if it would help timbre of the 3 with the Heresy 1's...