How to connect Promedia 2.1 to Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Hey, all. I thought I would just start this off by saying I don't know if this is in the right category, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, my name is Declan and I've been having some trouble connected my Promedia 2.1 speakers to my Focusrite 6i6. There is one green input that I have going through a 1/4 inch adapter into Line output 1 (pictured below), that connects to my Promedia system. This green cord is the only thing I have going into my Focusrite. When I attempt to play through the monitor, the subwoofer doesn't work, and I only hear what's sounds like half of the sound. For instance, if I put the song "Fall" by "Chon" on, I only hear one of the two guitars and hardly any bass. When I plug my phone directly into the Promedia speakers, the subwoofer works and I hear both guitars. I looked up numerous setup videos and the actual set up guide for the Focusrite and it seems that everybody has two cables coming out of their Focusrite's and into their monitors. Should I have a second cable?

Any help is appreciated, thanks,

Declan 

unnamed.jpg

Edited by declanman123

• 4 years later...

Looks like I'm almost 5 years late!!  I'm using an audio RCA (red & white) to male 3.5mm adapter.  You also have to use a 3.5mm coupler in order to connect the 3.5mm jack from the 2.1 system to the RCA to 3.5mm adapter (unless they make a female 3.5mm to RCA adapter, which is highly likely)  Can't believe nobody else is covering this subject.  I was actually trying to find out if it is recommended AGAINST doing this.......  It'd be nice if Klipsch would respond to outstanding questions.

On 2/20/2022 at 2:18 AM, HenryArthurHaroldAbernathy said:

I was actually trying to find out if it (Klipsch, Inc) is recommended AGAINST doing this....

I'm not Klipsch but I have a suggestion;  don't do it.

I picked up some Promedia 2.1 THX last week.  Great speaker system for around a hundred bucks.  The pre-amp module is proprietary and the entire system is self contained.  You couldn't swap out the hard-wired speakers if you wanted to and the only option is to plug it into the AUX or HEADPHONE outputs of your source.

I say play it as-is for a really nice sounding desktop computer setup or with a TV.  If you want a more sophisticated system with more inputs then use a different speaker and amp setup.  I don't think it would be worth your while to add expensive mods to this inexpensive 2.1 self-powered system.

• Like 2