Atmos - RP-140SA Speaker Placement Height

Rock23

Is there a "standard" height placement (or requirement) for the Atmos RP-140SA?  Everything I see reflects that it is designed to sit on top of floor standing speakers which puts them just above the listener's ear position.  I'm wondering if there is impact to the audio in relation to speaker height relative to the listener.  If the atmos speaker is at or below the listener's ear position I wonder if it would cause the listener to hear the audio directly from the speaker rather than the reflected audio from the ceiling.  Due to a bulkhead partially above my right floor standing speaker, I worry it may interfere with the intended ceiling reflection.  Therefore I am considering placing the front two atmos speakers on my AV cabinet about 5 feet apart and approximately 24 inches from the floor (measured to bottom of atmos speaker).  

In my opinion, there is no standard for atmos enabled speaker placement. This is because every room is different, main listening position is different, tower speakers are different heights, etc. I have a pair on my front towers and my side towers and it works really well. I made stands for the side speakers to change the angle since we sit close to them. Its all about experimenting and figuring out what works best for you and your room.

• Like 1