K55V

JJkizak

Well after a lot of messing around I decided I like the A55G's. I turned the center Cornwall on it's side then raised the normal listening volume 2 DB. I set the speakers to 5.1 multichannel and the Denon music to 7.1 multichannel with the side and rear speakers shut off because of too many room conflicts. I wasn't able to do this before with the old K55V's because of the intense peeks. I also checked the frequency response (ears only) and my upper hearing  went from 9.5KHZ to 12.5KHZ at about 80 SPL and I haven't a clue why. The center stage was also increased significantly which helped the voices projecting from the center instead of the K-horns. So why shut off the sides and rears? I never liked them anyway. 

JJK

On 7/20/2017 at 3:07 PM, JJkizak said:

Remember that sound is different depending on how much moisture is in the air.  The amount of water vapor affects the sound.

Here's a handy calculator (and very useful web site) to see how humidity and temperature affects the speed of sound. Plug in different values of Temperature or Relative Humidity and you'll see that changes in temperature affects the speed of sound much more than humidity changes.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-airpressure.htm

Lee