skonopa! How the hell are ya

m00n

Wavey.gif

We have not poked fun at each other in a while so I thought I would see how ya doing, whatcha been up to and call ya a dirty denon user.icon86.gif

------------------

Klipsch Gear (Proud to be 100% Klipsch)s>c>

* FRONTS: RF-7* CENTER: RC-7* SURROUNDS: RS-7* REAR: RC-7* SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15 (feel the sonic waves)c>s>

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

* RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520* AMPLIFIER: Harman kardon PA4000* DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)s>c>

Video Gears>c>

* InFocus ScreenPlay 110 DLP Projectors>c>

Computer and Game Gears>c>

* PC Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 4.1* Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

s>f>

m00n said:

We have not poked fun at each other in a while so I thought I would see how ya doing, whatcha been up to and call ya a dirty denon user.

Yeah, I know. I have been lurking on the boards more than anything, with the occasional thing to say here and there. It seems like (at least the general area) has pretty much went down the $#!++er lately and just staying out of it. I have also been doing a little bit of traveling lately, plus work has been crazy (I have been put in charge of a project that basically requires writting the equivalent of a friggan video game - complete with 3D graphics written using OpenGL).

Ah, at least I got a real reciever, not that wussy, underpowered Onkyo junk you got in that sorry excuse for an HT you got there Smile.gifSmile.gifSmile.gif <evil grin>.

No, in all seriousness, I am still kicking and living. BTW, I see you finally added a rear center/with an amp and a second subwoofer. Pretty sweet.

Looks like I am set for now in my HT, would love to get a bigger TV or even a projector, but I'll try to milk another 5 years out of my current TV, especially when I am looking at around $20,000 plus worth of house upgrades and fixes that I will be making within the next two or three years (building a two car garage, paved driveway, new roof, new siding, new windows, new deck (perhaps with outdoor jacuzzi), and so forth). Friggan housing around here has gotten ridiculous - I paid something like 96 grand for this place 7 years ago and now it is worth something like $150,000 Smile.gif. Will be close to $200,000 after the house upgrades - I love it (except for the higher propery taxes)!

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

What sort of work are you doing? I am ready for OpenGL 2...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

quote:

Originally posted by skonopa:

m00n said:

Ah, at least I got a
real
reciever, not that wussy, underpowered Onkyo junk you got in that sorry excuse for an HT you got there
Smile.gifSmile.gifSmile.gif
<evil grin>.

Ya, them Onkyo I just don't know. However, I don't know anyone that has one. Muwa Muwahaha Muwahahaahahaha... You better do your home work before trashn' da system, cause I don't have an Onkyo ya goof Smash.gif

Wow, you go boy on the OpenGL... I have never done graphics development. Always wanted to get into but never did... Right now I am knee deep in .NET development.

Well, keep in touch more dude. cwm1.gif

------------------

* FRONTS: RF-7* CENTER: RC-7* SURROUNDS: RS-7* REAR: RC-7* SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15 (feel the sonic waves)c>s>

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

* RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520* AMPLIFIER: Harman kardon PA4000* DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)s>c>

Video Gears>c>

* PC Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 4.1* Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

s>f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 09-26-2002 at 12:13 AM

m00n said:

Ya, them Onkyo I just don't know. However, I don't know anyone that has one. Muwa Muwahaha Muwahahaahahaha... You better do your home work before trashn' da system, cause I don't have an Onkyo ya goof

Awww maaan - you got me there. <Open mouth - insert foot>. Thats right, you are an H/K shop cwm44.gif. Hey, it was 1 am in the morning when I wrote that - well past my bedtime Smile.gif

As for the OpenGL, it is basically doing some high-end 3D visualization on some data for the Navy (on some pretty damn big data sets - have you ever seen a Win2K box loaded with a full gig of RAM crash because it friggan ran out of memory?!?). I cannot really discuss it too much, especially in a public forum, due to trade secret and government classification issues. It is going to be a pretty big, complicated, and challanging project - the kind I like (and the reason why they pay me that kind of money) Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 09-26-2002 at 01:14 PM

WOW... you crashed 2K because of running out of memory with a gig? You don't have any memory leaks do you? Is this C++ or VB?

I have always thought it would be cool writing code for the dept of defense. I am sure you get to see lots of bitchen stuff. Do you work for the government or does the company you work for contract for them?

------------------

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

Video Gears>c>

s>f>

m00n said:

WOW... you crashed 2K because of running out of memory with a gig? You don't have any memory leaks do you? Is this C or VB? I have always thought it would be cool writing code for the dept of defense. I am sure you get to see lots of *****en stuff. Do you work for the government or does the company you work for contract for them?

Nope, the crashes are not due to memory leaks, it is due to trying to force 2.5 gigs worth of missile track data through the **** thing and then rendering it in a nice pretty 3D image for the user to look at. It is written in full object-oriented C . Yeah, I do get to see some *****ing stuff - ever see the movie War Games? That is what some of the labs looks like! I am a private contractor that does work for the government.