Klipsch SF2 Front Panel

MikeFrank

I am going to do my best here but I am not a very knowledgeable speaker guy.  I have a pair of Klipsch SF2 speakers.  I noticed yesterday the front panel (the best way I can describe it is it is the black panel that holds the woofers and tweeters in place) was separating from the speaker box.  It can be pulled away from the top of the speaker box slightly and that separation continues down both sides of that front panel/box to about 2/3 the way down the speaker.

My question is how can I repair that?  Is that just something that needs to be re-glued?  Is there a screw or screws that hold that in place that I am missing?  I did look for screw holes, but the only holes that are there are for the grill pegs.

I hope I explained this well enough.  Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

I'm not sure if those are attached in the same way the Epic CF series or not.  If so, behind the rubber grill grommets on the speaker itself, there might be screws that attach the front panel to the rest.  If not, they may just be glued on and the glue has failed.  Seems like that's happened with quite a few models through the years.  Pull one of those rubber grommets out and see if there is a screw behind it.  If not, you might be able to get some Titebond glue down in those cracks maybe with a syringe and then clamp them for a day or so.

My bet is that they're glued and it's failing.  You may be able to take the entire front panel off, clean the old glue off, and use Titebond to completely reattach the front panel.  Clamp it down good, of course.  Maybe others who own these will chime in as I don't personally have them but have repaired other models of Klipsch and other brands with similar problems.