Klipsch Sub-12 warranty

albert

Hello,

I had a Klipsch Sub-10 that failed (started to blow fuses) and sent the input panel into  a person who repairs electronics, audio equipment including subwoofers. He stated he would need to determine if the SUB-10 input panel could be repaired. After a couple of weeks  he sent  back an email stating he was able to repair  part of the subwoofer input panel but was still trying to determine if he was able to repair another part of the subwoofers main board. (input panel)

Eventually I heard back from the repair person that he was able to repair the SUB-10. I have this stereo system with two Klipsch book mount speaks installed in an RV main area with stereo system  is approx. 8 x 14 so a SUB-12 is a bit of an overkill.

He sent the input panel back and the SUB-10 now works perfectly for the small space I have it installed.

During the time the SUB-10 was in the repair shop,  I purchased a new Klipsch SUB-12 and added an extended 4 year warranty (included shipping both ways) that would start after the manufacture's 2 year warranty expired.

I decided to try and sell the SUB-12 as it's taking up storage space. The problem I'm having with the new SUB-12 with warranty is I was told by Klipsch once you purchase one of their products such as a SUB-12 the warranty is only good for the original purchaser and can't be transferred unless it has a gift receipt.

I'm not really certain what a gift receipt is or why it would make any difference.

I have the SUB-12 advertised it as a sub-woofer with an extended warranty that starts after the manufactures 2 year warranty expires but was wondering if there's any way to include the two year (from time of purchase) Klipsch warranty as well?

Most items I've purchased the manufacture's  warranty is honored when transferred to a new owner.

Most of the time the extended warranty is through the place you bought it from - not the manufacturer.  There are exceptions, but I don't believe Klipsch offers an "extended warranty" as such.  Most companies also do not have transferable warranties unless it's a gift and is presented as such on a gift receipt.  You'd get that from where you purchased the item as well at the time of purchase.

• 7 months later...
On 9/6/2017 at 7:18 PM, The History Kid said:

Most of the time the extended warranty is through the place you bought it from - not the manufacturer.  There are exceptions, but I don't believe Klipsch offers an "extended warranty" as such.  Most companies also do not have transferable warranties unless it's a gift and is presented as such on a gift receipt.  You'd get that from where you purchased the item as well at the time of purchase.

Yes that's the today's trend. I've noticed many manufactures on various type of consumer products with three year warranties have reduced them to one year.

It's becoming one may need to replace products purchased for the home every 1 to 3 years.

years ago  the trend was to produce products to last many were designed to last a lifetime and could be affordably repaired if they broke.

Though many products have many new features and improvements. The general quality of products has significantly gone down. The trend use to be to design and build products to last at least 30 years, or which many did last 30 years and longer. I use to have a Cold Spot refrigerator that was still running like new after 50 years.

These days your lucky to have a frig or freezer that  lasts 10 years, most of their ext. warranties are for 5 years.