F3s damaged in shipping

Shimei

I purchased my first set of Klipsch speakers nearly 7 years ago. They were in perfect condition. I moved, then shipped them to my new address. The carrier couldn't of cared for them less, and damaged the external finish. The edges of the speaker cabinets were dented or were caved in.

So I spent the weekend stripping the veneer, and painting the speaker cabinets and filling in the damaged areas with bondo. I don't have a garage or heavy equipment so only a refinish with paint would suffice. I used a grain rocker to simulate the wood grain in the finish. Lastly, I tore off the speaker grill fabric now utilizing the bare grills - I like the look better.

Both of my F3s are powered by an Emotiva amp (300 watts per channel RMS). I just ordered a center channel speaker which I am awaiting delivery  - Klipsch RC 64 II. Really can't wait to hear the center channel in a 3.2 system setup.

My subwoofers consist of two Synergy 12".

I am not a professional painter or word worker so please be gentle. I just thought some people would like to see an another finish on F3s. Especially the grills with no grill cloth (For those owning cats).

Enjoy,
Shim

IMG_6731.JPG

IMG_6734.JPG

IMG_6735.JPG

Edited by Shimei
  • Like 1