HT set up - RP-250/260/280 & AVR options

Piz77

Hello,

I wonder if I can get some opinions on my intended home theater set up. The attached design has been made by a local HT specialized firm here in Brazil, and it will comprise of a 7.1 channel speaker system + projector with 106"-119" screen. Room dimensions are 4.50m (w) x 6.11m (l) x 2.60m (h). Surround speakers positioned as indicated (wall mounted right behind first row, then in ceiling in the back).

So I already know I'll be going towers, wall mounted + in ceiling & 1 subwoofer. My budget range for the speakers, not considering the in ceiling backs, allows me to reach for a complete RP set up, basically:

(2) RP-2X0F, (1) RP-4X0C, (2) RP-2X0S, (1) R-11XSW

With the above in mind and the fact that I mostly want the set up for watching movies, and also not forgetting I'm far from being an expert on such matters, I would very much appreciate viewpoints on:

1) considering power, would it make any difference picking between the complete RP-250/260 or 280 HT sets? Meaning, would 250s maybe not "fill" my room?

2) considering the least powerful subwoofer of the sets, would it be enough? I like very deep and full lows and wish to have plenty to spare

3) considering sound quality, should I notice any difference between the 3 sets?

4) considering the wall mounted surround speakers and the pre defined positions, do I really need the RP-2X0S bidirectional ones? Or would it be enough to use standard RP-150/160Ms? Will the RP-2X0S sound that much better? They are much more expensive it seems...

5) are there obvious in ceiling speaker suggestions for my surround backs? Want to avoid picking something that will be completely disconnected from the overall set up (either for better or worse)

6) last but not least, my current three potential AVRs are, in order of preference: a) Marantz SR5012; b ) Denon AVRX2400H; c) Yamaha Aventage RX-A870. Are they a proper match to the speakers (mostly in terms of power, considering they range ~95W per channel)? Or do I need more based on room and/or speaker choice? Are there any obvious choices aside from power (not too interested in features, mostly best possible sound quality)? I want to avoid Onkyo due to more difficult local support

Believe this about covers it. Would be extremely grateful for those who can share experience and suggestions as I want to get this right and aim for an awesome cinema experience :) . Any other points not covered but deemed relevant I'd appreciate the heads up just as well.

Thank you

HT set up.jpg

I see the door at the back.  I personally don't like the seats on the right wall.  Could you center 2 seats in the back row and the 3 seater in its row?  The sound will be much better for what would be at least 1/3rd of the seats.

1.  I had the previous model the rf52s...like the rp250f.  They are plenty imo and the driver tweeter combos will match perfectly to a 450c and rp250s.

2.  No.  And you need 2 of the top of the line subs for what u want.  Totally serious. 

3.  The larger speakers have larger horns which can provide better coverage to a larger area.  But your setup imo is fine with a smaller set and i would upgrade only if u have money left at the end after buying 3 subs.

4.  Imo....No....Yes....and Yes.  

5.  No that is not good design for 5.1.  For Atmos yes but not 5.1.  

6.  You need more like 150 watts if you want to reach reference at the back row or between rows.