hdcd

marksdad

marksdad, go to www.hdcd.com the music catalog section. This section will give you an idea on how many titles are available, there are lots of titles avaiable. The website also has plenty of info. on the format. There are a couple of replys on your earlier posts on the hdcd subject also.

Joe T.

I forgot to mention: pick out some titles from the hdcd websites music catalog and try your local music retailer you'll probally have some luck that way. If your into Greenday pick up Nimrod it's hdcd encoded and should be readily avaiable. As I mentioned earlier there are numerous titles available.

Joe T.

question - aren't there "hdcd" discs out there that used that name (like before '96) but don't have the newer hdcd encoding requiring the new hdcd decoder? like i have some telarc discs that have "hdcd" & play fine though i have no hdcd decoder. believe these just use the name or possibly have more bits.

iow, didn't "hdcd" exist more for marketing before the hdcd encoding/decoding came along?