Custom LaScala: flanking double bass bins?

Droogne

I recently started with a huge LaScala home-theatre build, and with I had the idea to make a custom center speaker. The LaScala is beautiful speaker, but also pretty high... The TV would sit too high for my liking, which made me wondering. How would I be able to lower this? This lead me to a thread which proposed a LaScala center which uses the mid and high range horns and drivers, and the exact same cabinets. Instead of  1 bassbin they would use 2, one one each side. This would of course solve my problem as it would put the tv one foot lower. I will be able to test this in a few weeks, which I will ofcourse do. Problem is that I would want to order all the bass bins in one big order, as my carpenter would give me a huge discount. So I though ask you guys!

Would this work? Or is there no telling? Could I fix the problem of directivity by maybe toeing in the 2 bass bins? Crossovers would be active.

Other option I though off was a custom made, adapted CornScala with the drivers outside the cabinet, and the bass cabinet on it's side. This would be a half a foot higher though.. 

If you have other suggestions I would love to hear them!

23432792_1815840365126844_1865384006_o.jpg

23482953_1815841101793437_1802644294_o.jpg

They do look like some awesome bins! Problem is they are waaaay to deep, 115cm (44,75 inch). My couch would be at an ideal 7-8 feet distance from the tv, so this  bin would be to close I think. It would also protrude pretty hard into the living room.. Maybe a some similar designs that are wider bbut have less depth?

12 hours ago, JohnA said:

Half an MWM?

0_0_0_0_250_188_csupload_48740843_large.jpg

Or what about using a passive subwoofer that could reach to 500hz? With the correct EQ I could get them flat and SPL matched to the mid/high of the LaScala. For example the Behringer Eurocom CL212S, it costs about the same as the LaScala bass bin and is only 1 foot 4".