How do the Klipsch RS-7s deal with localized surround effects?

Kain

Since the Klipsch RS-7s are WDST speakers, how do they deal with surround effects that are meant to be localized in either the left-surround speaker or the right-surround speaker? Don't the Klipsch RS-7s disperse all the surround effects? If so, how do they deal with sounds that are actually meant to sound/be localized?

Kain,

I don't have any hi-tech answer for you, sorry. But, I can tell you that they sound great and when you hear a say a plane flying from center to left, you definitly hear it in the left. In other words, it does NOT sound like it's also coming from the right. I have never noticed any artifacts that would imply a blob of sound all around you when you would expect something only from either the left or right.

I guess what I am trying to say here is "Have Faith", they do their job and a great job they do! 1.gif

Again, sorry for my lack of techno speak there. 2.gif

Damn boy, when are you going to get your receiver anyway. I am about to start up a money collection in your honor so we can get you a receiver...

ok just saw your other thread & looks like you have nothing now? 8.gif

if you don't use a sub the a/v receiver will send all low bass from speaks set small & lfe to the front speaks when you set sub:no.

that's why i keep harping on that adjustable crossover in the receiver like in the denon. sounds below 80hz are nonlocalizable for most (more like 60hz for me). so if you can set the crossover to 60hz & all other speaks other than the rf-7 small, then only the nonlocalizable low bass goes to the fronts large. all LFE goes to the fronts too, but its speced to be real low freq in the 1st place.

when you get a sub you can then set sub:yes, the fronts also to small. then the sub handles all low bass below say 60hz & all LFE.