fastrac hf horns...my impressions

edmjm

just received them today & must say wow! the pics don’t do these any justice. very beefy & solid. much heavier duty than the stock plastic horns

I should receive the drivers on Friday (b&c de120’s) 

I’ll post first impressions hopefully this weekend 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok, finally had a chance to give them a listen & I’m completely blown away by the improvement. those near mythical sparkling highs that everyone talks about are now found!

background extras (triangles, cowbell, wood block, tambourine) now have a sence of placement in the soundstage. background singers seem more prominent. there’s a very 3 dimensional feel making the stock tweets seem very flat & 2 dimensional & like they’re pushing & shouting.

jazz horns are wonderful without ever seeming sharp or harsh & brushwork on the symbols will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. they blend seamlessly with the a55g mid drivers, synth & keyboard notes travel from mid to high as notes decay they seemingly float off into space. 

all in all, well worth every penny spent. this by no means is a little tweak, it’s a major improvement 

I haven’t made any adjustments to the crossovers

9B2257E3-1F95-40EF-98A1-C8F6703B9597.jpeg

• Like 1