HT Room size ....and Speaker Positioning..

IndyKlipschFan

OK here it is... What size would you have a Home Theater room be? This includes TV<s>, (Big screen projector, or rear screen..<what size> your audio, your seats, (or Couch<es> ). Not what is in the magazines with their big budgets. (Or big "superstars" room too.) In other words, what worked for you, and what you might do different the next time!!!!

If your proud enough to include a PIC or drawing even better. We are in the process of building, (in the future...) and wanted to start planning and dreaming. I thought what a great place to ask from the Klipsch fanatic responses in this room. LOL

Thanks In Advance!!!! cool.gif

Indy Fan,

My media/great room is 18x24, ceiling is 18ft high for whole room, not vaulted. TV is on the short wall. Cornwall mains about 1.5ft in on the short wall from the corners. Sony 61", using Academy center on top. Velodyne sub right next to the TV. Couch is about 14 ft from TV. Heresay IIs for surrounds on either side of couch. Rear wall of room is open ( on the first floor ) to the kitchen. The rear wall is closed on the 2nd floor. I have in walls for the surround EX on the back wall above the open area to the kitchen.

I know the room sounds big, but it is 60% of the first floor. Since the family spends 90% of their time in the family room, that seemed appropriate.

I would not change a thing, except maybe running more 3/4" conduit to house all those darn cables. wink.gif Also my sons room shares wall with the EX speakers, those tend to wake him up. Sometimes you have to make compromises.

Mike.