Perfect Price/Performance Roaster...FOUND

Mallette

Get your roast by visual unless your ambient temperature is always the same.  Roasted to only slightly darker than the first bunch last night, but it was 30 degrees colder on the porch than for the first batch and instead of the 5 minutes extra or so I expected the batch took about 2 hours.  Still came out fine and hassle free, but I really had no idea that the ambient temp would have such an impact.  

Of course, visual is no problem since the roaster is glass.  Actually thinking about doing the next batch inside since this method doesn't produce the smoke that open roasting in cast iron, my established method, does.  Just take it outside to blow off the chaff.  Will report after next roasting on the difference.  

Enjoying my solitary Christmas morning cup of Columbian Supremo from last nights batch while I wait for the others to stir.  Cold and clear, chance of snow tonight and for the next few days.  

Dave