Replacing my old 7.1 System

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Hi Folks, 

Looking for a little advice.  I am upgrading my 7.1 system and have decided to go with Klipsch.  I have been looking at the 7.1 RP-260 Reference system

1. RP-260F

2. RP-440C

3. RP-240S (2)

4. RP-150M (2) 

5. R1125SW

I'm replacing an old Polk Audio system that has the surround speakers mounted high on the side walls and 2 rear speakers mounted to the ceiling.  Room is about 20x20 and the ceiling is vaulted (sloping from right to left)

My questions are

1. Am I going too big, is it overkill?

2. Also thinking adding Atmos. So should I upgrade RP-260Fs to R-26FA or perhaps replace the rear or surround with a pair of RP-140SAs

Thanks for the help....

28 minutes ago, JoJoTheWebToedBoy said:

RP-260Fs to R-26FA

That's a downgrade, the R-26FA's are inferior to the RP-260F.  You'd want the 260FA.

The only two things I'd change in that setup would be the RP-440C to the 450C, and the R-112SW to the R-115SW - especially if you're doing the 6" drivers in the mains.

4 minutes ago, TomR said:

Hi History Kid , Ive never heard of the rp-260fa , do you mean the 280-fa

Might be more accurate.  I was assuming since they gave the smaller speakers in the Icon line an Atmos component, they might have for the Reference Premier. I've heard good things on the 280FA's, though I haven't heard any myself.  Atmos just isn't my cup of tea.