sacd review : SPYRO GYRA IN MODERN TIMES

roy

this sacd is recorded in multichannel surround sound and stereo. it is froma company called Heads Up and this is the first hybrid sacd i have bought so far which means it can be played on regular cd players in 16 bit stereo! I have never owned a Spyro Gyra cd of any kind before but I like jazz alot! The sound on this sacd is clean as a whistle! powerful and dynamic and very very quiet during silent moments on the disc....I would rate this sacd excellent in overall quality and the music is great if you love funky jazz fusion type of music! the sub channel is not overly used on this sacd but is there during very low passages...and the surround is not overly done either which is a very nice touch from this record company i think...in some songs the music seems to come at you from everywhere but manages to pretty much stay focused up front without getting completely unrealistic...I recomend this sacd!