RP-160M position

Berglii

Hey guys.

This is my current build:

*Marantz SR-7011

*Klipsch RF-82 ll

*Klipsch R-115SW

*Klipsch RC-64 ll

Just now I received my RP-160M speakers so I can upgrade my system to 5.1. I bought some wall mounts so I can have a bit of freedom when it comes to positioning the speakers. I am quite new when it comes to everything around speaker setup, but my plan was to place the speakers as my left and right side surround speakers. The wall mounts allow for a +/- 7 degree tilt and 360 degree horizontal turning.

Am I correct to assume that the tweeters should point to my ears in the sweet spot? Because of my living room I have to place the wall mounts on the wall directly behind the couch, and maybe use the tilt to get a bit of breathing space for anyone in the couch (below). I'll add a picture from the TV point of view.

I know the speakers need some space behind them, but the fact is that both will get space, but one will have a corner behind it and one will have an open room behind it. Will I be ok here?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards

Daniel

22.jpg

Edited by Berglii

I understand. I Guess I could return the 160M and her the 250s instead... That might just be what I have to do...

Should I keep the 160M, mount them on the wall and tilt them towards the sweet spot. Do I risk getting som wierd effects? I tried to educate myself and read something about the ambient sounds. They should move around the room and not be focused like they would with the 160M