KSW-12 Very Loud pop sound

orbanus

Ok, I have yet to find an answer on this subject yet so I'll ask it here. I have a KSW-12 sub that for some reason pops on occasion, like if someone hit the top of the sub housing with a hammer. Some say it's the amp clipping. Does clipping produces a loud pop or bang? I managed to reproduce the sound my self and listening close it sounds like the sub woofer is unable to handle a single sharp bass punch. I have an Sony STRDB830, the sub is about 2 yrs old. I hate to ship it back for service because of its size. Any thoughts anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

i too have the same sub, and what i find is that when the system is turned off with volume up high there is quite a pop. and believe that this caused the woofer in my quartet to rip.it only does this when the tv is turned off with amp and pre volume at high level,its possible that there could be a problem where there is a intermitten opening of the signal path causing the popping sound,make sure nothing is loose,could be the receiver,try disconnecting sub, during investigating.i'm just a novis.