sennheiser hd 600's, GTXP, PM5.1

ingenious28

i have the EXACT same setup. using the GTXP headphone output... it gets to a moderate volume, use teh control pod and watch out! your gonna have more volume than you will ever need!3.gif

as far as portbale sound... if you have an older model sony cd player you probably won't need an external amp so badly. new cd players don't put nearly as much power out. not very portable headphones anyways.

you may want to look around... if you get them from an authorized dealer, you get 5 years added to the warranty. i got mine for less than what you are paying from an authorized dealer! see if you have a "The Great Indoors". They have them for $250. I got them down to $225 at another dealer who beat their price.

well, i couldnt find a Great Indoors, so i settled to order off of ebay and take the 2 year warrnety

i just got the cans and put them on, but im not getting nearly the amount of bass that i had expected.

i previously tried my friends 500's, and the bass output on that was much greater then what ive experienced thus far

im pretty sure theres nothing wrong with the phones themselves, and up to this point i havent found anything wrong with any of my settings

have you experienced this? any ideas?

how are you amplifying them? for bass you will want some sort of amp. mine can hit some seriously low Hz loud enough to vibrate on my ears. such as the intro to "Also Sprach Zarathustra". I built myself an headphone amp, just a $35 pocket sized one. I am working on a Dynamic Can amp, $479. It challenges the Headroom Home. More extensive reviews are supposed to come out soon. Don't be surprised if you see it in Stereophile soon!

On my computer, listening with WinAmp 2.8X, I get such a tinny high annoying sound that I took the headphones off. quickly I got my good ol' trusty Sony D-131 CD player. Bliss. Bass is awesome, no tinny highs.

try to register for the 5 year warranty, you just may get it!

On my MiniDisc player, I will routinely have the volume all the way up, it was gutless. However, the headphone amp on my receiver has more power than I will ever need!

Also, if you have a getto car with no stereo and use headphones (so stupid, you can't hear a THING!!!) in the car, you better have a powerful amp, all the road/car noise will mute your music!