Looking for this type of music... Anyone have any suggestions

m00n

Guys/Gal....

Don't know how many of you have the game Halo for the XBOX nor the sound track to the game, but if you do, there is a song entitled "A walk in the woods", it's song six on the CD... If I could find a website that had links to sound bits for it I would post it, but I can't seem to find one. 8.gif

Anyway, I really like that song and was wondering if anyone else has herd music with the same sound as that. I have some music by David Arkenstone which is similiar, but David is a bit more Celtic that the sound of this song.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful

m00n

mOOn,

Do a search on the web for Gregorian Chants. Very beautiiful stuff. I once owned a Gregorian Chants CD until some crackhead broke into my house and stole 200 of my CDs to support his habit. ARRRGH! Anyway, I digress. You can find this type of music in many music or online stores.

here's an example

http://www.solesmes.com/sons/gloriaII.ram

one more

http://www.solesmes.com/sons/laetentur.ram

I'd like to hear this to offer a recommendation but I can't find any sites that let you preview the soundtrack. cdnow, amazon & deepdiscountcd. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and point you to the artist Dead Can Dance. Try the track Yulunga on the album Into the Labyrinth. The sample on cdnow sucks because it cuts off before you get an idea of what the song's like. It's also on the soundtrack to the awesome movie Baraka. Another good track by them is the first track on their "greatest hits" cd called Passage in Time. Also try the album by Lustmord called Metavoid.

****e. I reinstalled my sound card drivers and NO sound is coming out from my digital output. I am back to the sick, sad world of analoge computer sound...

As for the song, do you like the music like that, or a bit "darker" There is a group called Thievery Corporation that does music kinds like that, check them out on Amazon, specifically "Mirror Conspiracy." As for something a bit "darker", try out Lustmord. It is indurstial ambient, look at "Stalker" and "Metavoid"