Network Streamer NAS (Network Attached Storage)

ThomasD.

On 8/18/2018 at 8:05 AM, rplace said:

When you say Ripped some 3000 LPs are you talking about ripping CDs to FLAC for the convenience of not messing with CDs or did you actually digitize your vinyl LPs? If you did your vinyl I'm impressed and would like some more info on your overall process. I've got so many great 45RPM Blue Note LPs but I just can't envision the time/effort involved with the vinyl to digital conversion. Still I'd like to have them beyond my vinyl room for casual use around the house.

I have visions of one day "digitizing, or ripping" my vinyl to digital for the very reason you say - more convenient accessibility, as well as the ability to "record" once from LP & put it away pretty much to make it a showpiece, collector item, etc.  now, I have a very lo-fi turntable from the big box store, that has a USB out port, that I plan to connect to my laptop & use Audacity, EAC or something to save to flac or whatever, and I'll be done.  seems like others 'round here have become "experts" in doing just that.

• Like 1