Sub Connected to Amp

Carlosrs

Hello community. Many preach, including REL,  that the best way to connect a subwoofer is from the high level speaker output from the amplifiers so the sub receives the same "signature" sound the amp sends to the speakers. This sounds quite logical!! My subs only have RCA inputs, how can I go about this type of connection? Is there a good high level to RCA thingamajig?? Any suggestions??

Thank you for your constant guidance!!

I have Sunfire Tube Preamp, Sunfire 300 Two amp, Klipsch RSW-15 sub and Klipsch RSW-10D sub, haven't decided which one, or if both, will stay in the system yet.  The system is a 2 channels and I run the speakers, Klipsch RF83, full range.  I just use the sub/s to fill in the lower frequencies under 40 htz.

The reason why I would like to connect the sub to the amp directly is because it/they are causing some clicking noises in the speakers, or sometimes some weird interference with the RCA connections used. My preamp has 2 sets of main out RCA, it does not have a dedicated sub out. I can hear some interaction with the speakers that manifests itself in various different little quirks, nothing mayor, but still present.

Usually it generally recommended to set the speaker to small when using one or more subs.  In many cases running the speakers set to large with subs will cause problems  Is the power switch set to auto? This can lead to clicking, otherwise there is an amp problems in most cases.  Set it to on and leave it on.  Here is a good read on why you don't run speakers set to large:http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95817

My preamp has no bass management, but I will definitely try leaving the subwoofer on always instead of leaving it in auto mode. Hopefully that strange interaction will dissapear.

Thank you for the interesting read, will try a few different thing recommended here in my HT.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1