DIY thoughts from "The Rookie"

Deang

Sounds real sweet. Like the tube amp alot. For 14 watts/channel, really is adequate for everything. Got the second one for about a third of my current one. I'd say I was in a heated battle on ebay for I see them go for about what I paid for the second, max 200 bucks. My eye doc says I'm on the border of needing specs and that to me is a bozo no no. I'm behind this crt way too long lately and I've been taking a break and my eyes feel much better now:) Now if I'm getting lead poisoning from soldering, that is another quandry:) Going to really make this latest hf a show piece. I'll take my current one to work and use this one here when finished.

How is the progress on yours going? Got the Antique Electronic Supply cat this week. That was nice to browse through. Time to get some of my Hallicrafer's back up and running now. Got a dirt cheap oscilloscope off the net. Eico 460 , dirty but cleaned up real well and is in order.

I'll give the Scott 222 some attention soon. Will totally recap it and bring up slowly. The Eico weighs about 2x the Scott!! Transformers may be the deciding factor there and in the sound!

Oh, on a side note, did not have the correct bulb for the eico's on display, so used a XMas bulb!!!! Did the trick. I did this in my R 390 SW reciever years back and the mod still works:)!!!!

Got a hold of a sherwood 20 watt/channel system, now if the seller would ship it, would be nice. Something to do:) What was the saying,,,"through infinite diversity comes infinite????"

Bryan