Additional Damping for Fortes?

Mark51

I opened up the Forte one's I've had for a couple months to replace the caps the the crossover and there is very little damping material in the cabs.  Only some foam rubber at the bottom.  Is there any advantage to adding some additional damping?  

that foam fell down, it's supposed to be up around the back end of the mid horn/motor to catch mid reflections from the woofer at the top end of its range (750 - 2KHz.) the damping is not there for the woofer the passive takes care of the woofer all on its own. So what you have is normal and factory. Carry on enjoying your Forte.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark51 said:

I opened up the Forte one's I've had for a couple months to replace the caps the the crossover and there is very little damping material in the cabs.  Only some foam rubber at the bottom.  Is there any advantage to adding some additional damping?  

No real advantage to add more material.  May actually be a detriment to the punchiness of the speaker.