Subwoofers Owners Manual

Bill_L

Today I got my KSW-12 sub, but the owners manual is terrible. Seems like more than $0.02 cents should have been put into this, considering it's for a $400 speaker. There is a mention of figures 3,4 and 5. Where in the heck are they? They sure weren't in this manual (1 page of English, 6 of other languages, and 2 diagrams, called Figure 1 and 2

Go to the Klipsch home page: http://www.klipsch.com/

Click on "Home Audio", then on "Manuals". You can download a PDF file of the manual for the KSW 10/12/15 series.

I've had my KSW-12 for about a year now. It came with the same manual as is in the PDF file. 16 pages long -- all English; sounds very different than what you have. Hopefully, you'll be able to grab the PDF and that'll solve the problem.

Good luck!

Steve

P.S. By the way, if you have questions or comments about the KSW-12 in the future, try posting to the "Powered Subwoofers" forum on this BB. You'll probably get more and faster responses ....

To help clarify a little on this topic...

Yes the new OM's in all of products are VERY minimalist and do not offer very much in the way of user info. There are a couple of reasons for this. First and foremost, as an international manufacturer, we are subject to the laws of all the countries we sell our products in and as such must comply with same. In order to be "legal" in a number of other markets, we had to have our OM's in their native languages. There are about 6 languages we are required to cover. Obviously, if the old OM's (16 pgs.-ish) were merely translated into 7 languages, you would end up with a manual the size of a small town phone book. The route we therefore chose to take was to condense down to a considerably smaller amount of information covering basically only what we had to include by law. Diagrams and Figures would help to clarify the primary points. Our intent was then to have much more detailed OM's similar to the old style or simply detailed information pages on specific topics on our web site that could be printed out for those who desired the extra info. Unfortunately, our website redesign got pushed back by several months so the info isn't there yet. (You'll notice those references in the manuals telling you to visit klipsch.com for more info.) Also, in the case of the KSW's, we boneheadedly forgot a couple of the drawings. (my fault.) Those drawings have since been included in the manuals and are available on this site for printing if you didn't get them.

Overall, we felt that the solution taken was an acceptable one (since most people don't read the manual on a speaker anyways - c'mon! We're guys! We don't need no stinking manuals! That'd be like asking for directions!) and that with the complementary info on the site we would cover the issues. Yes, the manual itself kind-of sucks, but as always, you can find more info here or you can always talk to a human at 1-800-KLIPSCH customer service.

Jim