Klipsch SS1 vs Infinity IL10

stevo8040

Which would you recommend for Back Surrond Sound. I have changed to Infinity IL40 fronts with a Infinity IL36c Center. I moved my Klipsch KSCC1 center to my back center paired with the SS1's. Should I stay with my Klipsch backs or goto all Infinity's with the IL10's Bookshelf as my Surronds and add the IL25c center as my back Center. I know this is a Klipsch Forum thats why I'm asking if my Klipsch backs will go with the Infinity Fronts.

Thanks Steve

I've listened to Infintity, Klipsch, and Polk Audio in a listening room at a local dealer. All 3 had very distinct sounds. The Infintity and Klipsch were very different. I would highly recommend not using the klipsch. Infact I would recommend trading in the IL40's for RF-7's.16.gif No but really they sound completely different and you would notice it when listening.

I don't have Interludes, but I have the Infinity Reference series.

I had the Inf Ref 4 in the front and Inf Ref 3 in the rear. I had those Ref 4 for 2 years. I bought a pair of Klipsch RF3, which are not the same "Reference" quality that the Infinity Reference series is. I moved the Inf Ref 4 to the rear.

I'm have a big matching problem with the Infinitys. They are very quiet and boomy. I have to have levels higher to match the front levels. The Inf localization is poor in the rear. They did sound better with front channel signals. But, I do own them so they cost me nothing to keep back there.

Put the speakers in the front that have a better soundstage and presentation. Tweak the rear to match.