The Three - Play-Fi WiFi Module + Google Home?

abcd.

Hello,

i've bought the wifi Speaker Klipsch The Three. I already have a Klipsch System (Marantz AMP + DAC + RF7 MK II). My intention was, to connect the Klipsch System with the Klipsch The Three using Google Home and Chormecast Audio.

I have a Google Chromecast Audio, which i've connected with the Marantz AMP. 

Technically the Three has a wifi Module which Google Home could use, but it seems that Play-Fi (which uses the wifi of the Three) is a closed system and you cant combine it with my System that uses Chromecast audio. Thats a pity :(.

My actual setting is, that i bought a second chromecast audio for the Three Speaker to get the multiroom functionallity with Google Home, ignoring totally the built-in Wifi.

Are there any adivces or tips, i may have overseen?

Thank you and kind regards :)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this post is a little old now and you've already sorted this out, but I am using a CCA with my The Three in my bedroom and it works great. I am not using the toslink cable into The Three's DAC, I'm just running RCA into the Aux input of the Klipsch. 

It sounds great to me... I also have a CCA plugged into the aux on an old Bose Revolve speaker in my bathroom, and I've set both CCA's up as a Speaker Group in Google Home. So now I have the Upstairs Audio Speaker Group in Roon as an endpoint. I just pick that endpoint and dial up a playlist in Roon every morning and have multi room audio every morning when I am getting ready for work... It works great!

The-Three-Guitars.jpg