DJ art's exploition!

prodj101

I am getting sick of this! all I see now are tv adds about DJ's, kids at school wearing only DJ sweaters and atire, and people all trying to be DJ's! I guess this is exactly what you'd call better image advertising. The commercial industry picks up on it, next are the wannabe teens, and in a matter of months, it will be dead, and people will look at DJ's as loosers. Me and my friend have been into it since 6th grade, and both have had our decks and mixers forever! uhg, makes me mad!

DJ Shadow

DJ Spooky

DJ Tiesto

Paul van Dyk

THEY are DJ's. Uncorrupted by pop music, they do their work well and make a lot of money becasue of it. I respect that and they are all going towards 10-15 years in the business.

I am so freaking sick of pop music, American Idol, etc. It is all horrible krap that annoys me to death. The stuff I listen to is what the artist wanted to put on the CD, not what they THINK people WANT. This is art in itself. Yes, it's all wierd stuff, but at the end of the day, I sit awstruck at how beautiful music can be. When a person has a goal in music, and can accomplish the goal without focus groups and financial matters getting in their way, they can create TRUE art, not synthetic art.

Yes, my post probably sounds wierd, but I am really tired.

exactly. Almost every good popular musician (not pop), has changed to fit the scene, which has changed drasticaly over the past few years. What happend to the good old days of sportin glocks and slangin hooks? snoop and dre all just got caught up in the shuffle. and since tupaq and BIG are both dead, there is no real artist left anymore.